Any true-Southerner will tell you that Gardenias are 'must' in the south. Gardenias are loved for their shrubby foliage, white blooms, and sweet sent. Gardenias are easy to grow if they are cared for properly.
Quick Tips for Growing Gardenias:
- Keep the soil moist.
- Do not prune during blooming.
- Plant your Gardenia so that it gets some shade from the scorching sun.
- Fertilize about once a month.
- Do not let it get dry for days at the time! It will drop its leaves!
- Check for common pests associated with Gardenias.
- Do not plant near by if you or a family member is allergic to Gardenia scent. It is highly fragrant and will have them sneezing continuously!
For more detailed info on growing Gardenias, check out Guide to Caring for Gardenias