Saturday, July 24, 2010

How to Keep Weeds Out of Your Garden

As a gardener, I would have to say the thing I like the least about gardening is the weeds! I detest weeds. Over the past few years I have tried several methods of preventing weeds, spent countless dollars on weed sprays, and well, did some experimenting on my own.

How to Keep Weeds Out of Your Garden will give you several ideas on preventing weeds. I would have to say that using the newspaper method has worked the best. I used newspaper in my rose bed last year and about 3-4 layers thick, wet it down, and then covered it with straw for visual appeal... I still don't have a problem with weeds in that bed. I'm sure I will have to re-do it next year but for 2 years now I might have picked out 3-5 weeds out of the entire bed! Would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment