Fish ponds are a great way to add design, elegance, and a focal point to any landscape. The options are endless when it comes to size, shape, decor and fish that can be used in a fish pond.
In the south, fish ponds are quite common. They are easy to maintain but do require some knowledge on growing the perfect fish that will maintain a healthy status with the summer heat.
When planning to start a new fish pond there are some things you should always consider:
- Type of fish you want to use in your fish pond
- Types of plants you wish to incorporate
- Will it have an running water
- The temperatures for your area
- Any decor you may want to use
- Size of the pond
- How much time are you willing to spend maintaining the pond?
You may also want to read Types of Fish for a Fish Pond to get a general idea of some of the easiest and most popular fish for a fish pond.